Friday, April 27, 2012

we made it in America,

Coretta Scott King:


They say "behind every greatman stands a great woman". Coretta Scott King, civil rights activist and widow of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., was definitely an exception. Standing steely beside her husband instead of behind as a phenomenal political activist, mother of four, and wife therefore, homage must be paid. April 27, 1927 was the birth of Mrs. King and today would have been her 85th birthday, but during the 79 years of her lifetime she has made a very influential affect on society. Hosting freedom concerts, forming the Full Employment Action Council, being an activist for equal justice and human rights, as well as lobbying to establish the great Dr. King's birthday as a national holiday are only a few of her accomplishments that still remain relevant to this day. Coretta Scott Kings, legacy will live on forever and I hope to one day embark such a significant role in society. I am on my way and Mrs. King you are one of my inspirations you are a guiding light, thank you.


"I am convinced that if I had not had a wife with the fortitude, strength and calmness of Coretta, I could not have stood up amid the ordeals and tensions surrounding the Montgomery movement,"
-Dr. King


"A new Coretta Scott King I think I found one."
-Dom K

With Love, Elle.

No comments: